17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 5:51 AM by maryanne.petrokonis RSS

Transfer College Credit

mjbrea

Hello,

I am a current student taking a Medical Billing Certificate program. I would like to also finish my associates degree in Business. I completed some

course work at local community college about 10 years ago.  Does Penn foster accept transfer credits from another school?

• Re: Transfer College Credit
    sideman .

Any college courses that you had with grades of C and above, and that are germane to the subject matter, up to 75% of the course requirements can transfer in. I believe there's a fee but I can't recall what it is. Call student services to confirm what the fee is. Best of luck.

maryanne.petrokonis

Hi Marxia,  When you enroll in any degree program, you can provide official transcripts containing college credits from previous schools you attended.  The transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credits.  You will also receive monetary credit for any transfer credits you receive.  

**If you do enroll in a second program with Penn Foster, you will be eligible to receive a $50.00 referral credit after you pay your third monthly payment!  Don't forget to contact us at that time!!

petersen57

So you are saying is that once I completed a degree program with a AA degree I can transfer those credit over to any college I prefer

Admissions Counselor Kristine

Penn Foster college credits have been accepted for transfer into variouscolleges across the country. Students should check with a specific college to see if they accept our credits, as credit transfer can vary depending on the school. Also, many of Penn Foster’s individual courses are recognized by the American Council on Education’s Credit Recommendation Service for potential transfer. The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for many Penn Foster College courses. The American Council on Education, the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. For more information, visit the ACE CREDIT website at www.acenet.edu.

petersen57

can you tell me which colleges in Califorina can do that

I'm sorry we do not have a list of all colleges that have accepted our credits nationwide.  There are hundreds of colleges within the state of California alone, and each has their own criteria for credit transfer.  My suggestion is to contact potential schools you may wish to attend to inquire about their credit transfer requirements directly. 

petersen57

Well once I get my balance all paid up and enrolled again has a new student I am just going to do all of my studing and my program at home instead of going to my own college and Graduate from Penn Foster cause I am pretty sure that they dont transfer credit from penn foster

maryanne.petrokonis

Good morning,

More than 125 Penn Foster College courses have been recommended for college and university credit by ACE/College Credit Recommendation Service. Many colleges and university recognize ACE approved credits, so it's entirely possible for the credits you earn from Penn Foster to transfer to another college.  As Kristine advised, you should contact potential schools to see if they accept ACE accredited credits.  

petersen57

Well I am going to just stick with penn foster  instead

maryanne.petrokonis

Penn Foster is the best choice for affordable, accessible education.  I was sharing the information regarding transfer credits for students who plan to graduate and further their education at other schools.

petersen57

how long does it take to graduate from penn foster with a  AA degree

Hi petersen57!

There are 4 individual semesters required for the Associate's Degree Programs.  Once enrolled, you will have up to 12 months to complete each semester (you will enroll in one semester at a time).  A majority of our degree students finish a SEMESTER in about 5--9 months.  It does vary from student to student.  If you are dedicated to your studies, it is possible to graduate in 24 months or less.  Penn Foster gives students the freedom to work at their own pace, so the more time you can spend on your lessons, the faster you will be able to graduate!  We would be very happy to welcome you as a degree student!  I hope to see you continue your education here with our school!

Best Wishes
                      Kris

maryanne.petrokonis

We allow students a maximum of six years to graduate in the Associate degree programs.  If a student is completing the entire program without any transfer credits, it can be completed in a year and a half to two years.   If transfer credits have been accepted towards the program, it can completed much faster.  A lot depends on the personal circumstances of the student, as well.  Most of our students work full time and have family responsibilities to attend to so they have different amounts of time to devote to their studies.  That's why the flexibility of Penn Foster is so beneficial, but it makes it hard to give you a difinitive answer on how long it will take to earn your degree.

petersen57

I think Pennfoster is a good chose for me cause a regular class rooms the teacher wont let students have open book test and it makes it even harder for me to complete my class and this way I don't have to get ready for school and head out the door I can do my class work any time I want my friend she is getting her degree from university of Phoenix which they are more expensive classes

petersen57

Is it possibel that the student care can mail me all the diploma, and career programs to me so I can look at all of them its hard to decide what I want to get into

maryanne.petrokonis

Good Morning, Lisa

Please visit our website at www.pennfoster.edu.  We just rolled out our new and improved site last week!!  You will find a complete listing of all of our courses there.  We have information regarding the course content, tuition and accreditation for you to review there.  If you should have any questions, an Admissions Counselor will be happy to help you.