20 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 1:38 AM by college_student_on_wheels29 RSS

My Age !

lea7067

Am i too old to be doing school work again?

• Re: My Age !
    sideman .

Regardless of your age, you're never to old to learn. Learning keeps you young!

lea7067

Thank You for your comment. I wasn't sure and was feeling a little out of place. I plan to continue because I am not the type of person who gives up very easily.

It is a most wonderful thing to be able to study and widen your horizon. You are never ever to old to learn and study. It keeps your brain cells and neurons firing and will improve your psychological wellbeing.

I am so thrilled to study at Penn Foster online. Go for your dreams. Go for it.

brigoodman13

Age is just a number! But you also have more life experience and that certainly can come in handy when learning something new.

lea7067

Yes, I agree when you say age is just a number but I was having such a hard time because of being out of school for so many years, I wasn't sure. Thank you for making me feel welcomed!

kimdemby1

How old are you?  I thought just as you did. I can reassure you that you are not too old. I think about it like this, with this ever changing world we are learning  something new everyday. I am 47 and I just entered high school last year. Imagine meeting all of the children that is way younger than me. I was feeling ashamed and didn't want to reveal my age, but when I did the High school children showed me so much love, that this is about the 4th time I've said this openly on a social network. So basically what I am saying is we live and learn everyday, what is the difference learning in school. We all are here for the same thing so to me we are all the same age ( satirically speaking anyway) I hope you continue to prosper in your studies.  Great decision coming to Penn Foster.....good luck

Kimberly Demby......HS student

college_student_on_wheels29

In my opinion you can never be to old for anything, like others have stated to you age is just a number. I believe there is no age limit to learning something. So reach for as many goals as you wish , for as long as you wish.. the possibilities are endless.

Good Luck

Meggie

Mecca

I agree with you all , I started my high school program when i was 17 and i graduated last week . and I am 37 . for a reason beyond my will. but i never gave up. because of one teacher who told my " learning is tell the last breath" and people who control the world are people with knowledge. when someone take a step to change their life to the better like me and you, we are changing the world.