3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 8:25 AM by Brittany Malcolm RSS

Penn Foster high school diploma??

SO right now I am doing the high school diploma program. I am a little confused about its accreditation. I live in Montgomery county inMaryland. I was wondering if the penn foster highschool diploma will be accepted by Montgomery college in Rockville md? I've tried to look anI search for answers online and I couldn't find aNy. So please if anybody has any ideasOrr answers for me please let me know. I don't wanna waste my time doing something that I can't use in the future.

• Re: Penn Foster high school diploma??
    Brittany Malcolm

Hi r3inb0ws,

I will do my best to clear up your concerns.  Our program is accredited with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.  To confirm this, you may visit css-msa.org and view their directory of member schools.  Middle States is the accrediting body for this part of the country.  Accreditation varies depending on the part of the country where you are located - there are six nationally. 

Since every college and university has different admission requirements and takes various factors into consideration throughout the application process, we cannot guarantee acceptance to any school.  If you'd like a sampling of schools our students have been accepted to in the past, take a look at this link:

Your Future as a High School Graduate | Penn Foster High School

I hope this clears up you questions and concerns.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I am currently enrolled in the high school diploma program. And would like to know if Penn Foster is accredited in California? As I plan on furthering my education. Also maybe if you know if Heald College will accept Penn Fosters Diploma? Maybe what schools would accept it in the Monterey California area. I would rather not go through the motions. And later find that it was of no use to me in furthering my education.

Brittany Malcolm

Hi there!

States are not accrediting bodies.  Accreditation is done on a regional level; there are six throughout the United States.  All six are equivalent to one another.  We are accredited by the Middle States Association, which accredits schools in the northeast region of the U.S.

As far as college acceptance goes, we are unable to keep a running list of all schools that accept our diploma due to our diverse student body.  Here is a sampling of some schools that have accepted our graduates (this is NOT an exclusive list).  I would suggest contacting some universities that you are interested in to see if they would allow graduates from our program to enter their student body.