8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 9:22 AM by future_cpht RSS

Exactly how long does it take to receive your shipments?????

I started the program on 10/27/12 online but once not receiving a student # or welcome email  I decided to call on 10/30/12 & was told card had not been charged so my official enrollment began at that time. I have, as some others, also went about to print out & hole punch the 1st section to store into a binder with other materials for study purposes from Pharmacy-tech-study site (BTW a great great study guide site). I also have been doing my reading in a rotation on the laptop & my android, trying to make it easier on my eyes. I am actually on Pharmacy Tech 4 and have not received not 1 shipment!!! I have called student services several times & have been told that it takes 2 weeks to receive the 1st shipment and 7-10 days after each shipment label is processed following. This is saddening to me because before agreeing to this program I asked many questions on the shipments & was told at no time will I be waiting on supplies because as I began to read a section the system would automatically prepare & ship out the next. To my understanding after reading Pharmacy Technician 1 everything will flow itself along. I did question how there was a guarantee in no waiting of shipments when everybody learns at a different pace& was instructed that that was the beauty of it because everybody learns as you begin a study the next is prepared & shipped. Welllll that has not been the case....  I have since put a hold on continuing further at this time because I am now in the Math section of the program & think I would do a lot better if I have the study materials in hand instead of the computer screen. Not mention I would love to be able to converse back to prior studies or even to highlight things I feel will be a study point for me. I have gotten pretty upset a few times with the snail mail option for my books but I don't think paying $10 to speed up a shipment is enjoyable to me as well. I have learned that having my studies on/in hand & the highlighting technique are my best way of learning, so this is becoming an frustrating issue for me. Yes I am taking the exams and passing each 1 but I believe if I had the supplies it self it would stick with me a lot better if I was able to go directly to my problem areas than having to scroll back & forth through a PDF for studying.

• Re: Exactly how long does it take to receive your shipments?????
    thatonegirl1012

I know some programs only have study guides vs books.  (As well as equipment)

Took a brief over the PT course *assuming that is what you are taking, and it seems like most is online and that an equipment tray is in lesson 5.

I would def contact student services again, that seems like a long time to go without, if the above is not the case.

Hopefully someone, or a rep will see this and give you a for sure answer.  I was just trying to ease up the mind a little bit.  Wish you the best of luck!

Thanx thatonegirl1012 .... I really should've received materials by now I actually did give them a call again as I typed the question earlier & now Im being told that because of Hurricane Sandy there is a slow moving of materials, however, I feel this is yet something to be said to string me along. I just hope that I get my books/ study guides soon, as I mentioned I am progressing & passing the exams but I have a highlighting note taking obsession & it's killing me not to be able to highlight some things that I have read Lol

Erin Connors

Hello Jameca - we do state you can get started right away because our materials are all available online. Unfortunately we do not have faster shipping available for free. We will be offering Fed Ex shipments at additional cost to all students in early 2013.

You're first module is online only there are no shipments for those. Each shipment takes 24 - 48 hours to process in our warehouse they are then picked up by the United States Post Office for shipping. Shipping can take an additional 7 - 10 business days Book Shipments FAQ Once shipments leave our ware house we have no control over delays cause by USPS or nature. We did have a delay in shipments due to Hurricane Sandy. No one was picking up: Fed Ex, UPS, USPS etc...

You can highlight online PDF's if you wish here is link that will show you how: How to Highlight Text in a PDF Document: 20 steps (with pictures)

I checked with Student Services and they noted that a shipment went out 11/7, 11/8 and 11/12 and another is being prepared now. I asked SS to release an additional mod for you as well (mod 6). On average it takes out student 8 months to complete this program. You are progressing very fast. We recommend you review your previous lessons while you wait to retain the information you have learned. You have several shipments coming now. Remember you have 1 year to complete the program and cannot graduate until you have completed all course material and paid you tuition in full.

I review my materials after I finish each module and each of my exams are taken without the open book option and passed each,thus I feel I am understanding what I am reading. I do appreciate the time to explain the process of shipments as I stated in my question I extensively went discussed the shipments (atleast I thought) with the rep before I made my first payment. Yes I am moving pretty fast, I always have that is why I chose this program because I am able to ,move at my own pace. I am very confident that I am able to retain what I read as reading has always been a hobby of mines long before I could remember. I understand the program gives you a year but if a year is not needed I will not procrastinate because of that. I am also aware I can not graduate before my tuition is paid in full, not sure what your insinuation by that was so I will not give a response to that. What I will add is my plans are to pay the balance owed with my tax refund, as I have read as well is the plans of a quite a few here now back to the question reply at hand.  I did receive the addition shipment via UPS so that I do thank you for. I appreciate your act of kindness or releasing the materials.

Erin Connors

Nothing was insinuated. Simply reminding you that you don't need to work so fast. Your situation is unique seeing that you can pay off your tuition with a tax refund. Often students will progress rapidly through their programs and then realize they are unable to graduate until they pay their tuition in full. Best of luck in your studies and should you need help from Student Services again please post to this forum.

Point taken, and thank you for your regards of best luck in my studies. Yes I do move a little faster than some I was told that while taking my medical billing & coding program at a local college was actually the first of my graduating class to take and pass the the certification exam 1st time this year after graduating in July. This is why I choose Penn Foster because I am to learn at my own pace & it's MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than the tuition I am still and probably will be paying on for awhile. I did see a few others while getting the feel of the site, reading around, that also spoke on them paying off with their tax refund but yes I aware there must be a 0 balance to graduate. Again Thank you

Also thank you for the link for highlighting the PDF's ,very helpful.